[mythtv-users] IR Blaster and LIRC RPMs

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 19:07:26 UTC 2008

On 24/04/2008, scott at tbwifi.ca <scott at tbwifi.ca> wrote:
> In the case of the newer distributions like Mandriva 2008 which I am
>  using, can one use the RPM's packaged with the distro to control an ir
>  Blaster?
>
>  RPM's available to me are:
>
>  lib64lirc0
>  lirc
>  lirc-remotes
>
>  I am looking for the easy route if it is available to me.  I know for
>  using lirc to receive ir signals I didn't need to compile anything.  For
>  lirc serial it may be more complex.

You shouldn't have to compile your own version of LIRC unless you need
multiple copies of it running at the same time, sharing the same LIRC
kernel module. If you only need to use lirc_serial for the IR blaster,
you should be fine with a single LIRC installation.

Grab or record a suitable config for your IR blaster to use and test
it using irsend, More details on the LIRC site at
http://lirc.org/html/irsend.html.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: