[mythtv-users] Directv vs Dish

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Fri Apr 25 00:42:04 UTC 2008

jedi wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 03:41:03PM -0400, Conrad wrote:
>> I just got off the phone with one of their reps (just collecting info) and
>> her quote was that there would be no charge for the receivers if I got the
>> service.
>
> ...I was just going based of their respective websites.
>
> I suspect that if I call them (DTV) and ask to be connected
> to cancellations that they might be willing to give me a
> better deal.

[deleted]

The forums at dbstalk.com have some very helpful and legitimate tips on
how to deal with DirecTV's customer reps to try to get a better deal
when upgrading.  I was able to get 3 HD rcvrs for the price of 1, and 6
mos. of HD access for free when I upgraded last November by following
the advice on those forums.