[mythtv-users] slow mythweb?

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 25 07:30:16 UTC 2008

On 24/04/2008, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 04/24/2008 02:53 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>  >> Starting the backend directly gives me:
>  >>
>  >> 2008-04-24 19:55:44.979 The schema version of your existing database is
>  >> newer than this version of MythTV understands. Please ensure that you
>  >> have selected the proper database server or upgrade this and all other
>  >> frontends and backends to the same MythTV version and revision.
>  >>
>  > You can't just downgrade the executables and not the database.  You need to
>  > restore your database that was backed up prior to the 0.21 trunk upgrade.
>  > You may have to re-import any recordings made since the upgrade and you can
>  > probably find a way to export the table records to get the metadata back if
>  > you're so inclined.  But there is no downgrade procedure other than
>  > restoring the database.
>

> Besides, considering you seem to be just getting started, how much would
>  you actually lose by starting over?
>
>  BTW, this is exactly why people who wish to run trunk are told to read
>  and keep up with the -dev and -commits list and this is exactly why a
>  warning was posted (to both -dev /and/ -users, BTW) that now is /not/ a
>  good time to run trunk.
>
>  Mike

Hi Mike,

We're meant to be demolishing a wall nearby this weekend, if you
wouldn't mind coming round my way in the world.. It's made of good
solid brick. I think it'd be good use of your time, instead of putting
dents in your own walls and shaking their foundations, you could kill
two birds with one stone this way.

Sincerely,

Steve Daniels