[mythtv-users] Mythgame advice for non-gamer

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 07:40:01 UTC 2008

> On Apr 24, 2008, at 12:07 PM, Yan Seiner wrote:
>
> > OK, I don't play computer games.  But I have kids who do; mostly flash
> > games but they're moving.
> >
> > Right now the game they want is a off-road car race or horse race.
> >
> > So...  Assume that I am moderately computer literate but totally game
> > ignorant.
> >
> > What's my best bet for getting these kids to play a game with myth?
> > I'm
> > looking for non-violent racing games.  What image / etc should I get
> > make everything work?
>

> IMHO the best thing you could do for the kids is to keep them away
> from anything even resembling a video game.

Haha, there is always one preaching !

But assuming you can't, for a  Linux system you might try Tux Racer.
> Why do you need it to work with Myth? I don't know anything about
> MythGame but I assume anything that runs Linux native should be easy
> to get running on a Myth system.
>
> Looking through the "Help Wanted" ads in my local paper, I find no ads
> with requirements like "Must be able to play WoW", or "Must be able to
> get to level 30 of ET" :-)

Believe it or not computer games can be a great stimulant and increase hand
to eye co-ordination
and depending on the game type can increase children's intelligence.  But as
you have probably not
played any games or witnessed this first hand you may  no know that.

beww