[mythtv-users] slow mythweb?

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 14:36:14 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Jens Baumeister wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 5:35 AM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> > Running trunk as an end user is currently a problem all by itself.
>
> It wasn't in the past.

That's why I wrote "currently". :-) I'm not a dev myself, but IIRC
they're in the process of igrating to Qt4 which apparently breaks a
whole lot of existing stuff. So right now, trunk actually *is*
bleeding edge. (Myths's slow release cycle makes that easy to forget,
because there've been many months where running trunk was perfectly
okay for a production system.)

> I have been running trunk since Ramses Smeyers stopped making rpms.

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that.  I was under the impression you'd
just set up this system.

> Yes, yet stepping back to 21-fixes is not made easy because of this.
> There's some database-difference.
[...]
> So please tell me the easiest way to 'downgrade' to 21-fixes.
> Can I convert the database?
> Keep most of my settings etc?

Unless you've made a DB backup before upgrading (which BTW is
recommended in the docs), there's probably no easy way back. :-(

(I'm not going to recommend manual DB hacks, because these may very
well break things beyond repair instead of fixing them.)

So I guess, if you want to keep your recording data, you'll have to
upgrade regularly and follow the bug reports and announcements for
trunk. (E.g., a year back or so, Isaac intentionally disabled Live TV
in trunk for awhile to completely retool it. By announcing it
beforehand, he'd hopefully avoid dozens of people complaining about
LiveTV being broken.) Then, if you're sure you're not seeing a known
issue, you can seek assistance in the lists. I guess that extra
workload is the price for running trunk...

Jens