[mythtv-users] New features on trunk, but we're not supposed to be using it (was Re: slow mythweb?)

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 18:20:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Marc Sherman <msherman at projectile.ca>
wrote:

> Jens Baumeister wrote:
> >
> > Besides, I really don't understand why you would intentionally prefer
> > to run an unstable, buggy alpha version instead of the stable branch.
> > With 0.21 just having been released, there's absolutely no advantage
> > in running trunk as compare to fixes. (Later in 0.22's development
> > cycle, lost of people will chose to switch to SVN to get the latest
> > and greatest features, but now's not a time for that. Currently tunk
> > is the in ugly state of being torn apart to install new functionality
> > - not a pretty picture.)
>
> Argh! I _really_ want to be using the feature implemented in 16559[0],
> but trunk is verboten. Any chance it could get applied to -fixes so that
> us mere mortals could use it?

-fixes, by definition, does not include -features

Also, if you really want it, download the source for -fixes, apply the
patches, adjust anything that might need adjusting and go.  Also, I'm
running this version of trunk which is prior to the QT4 checking with that
feature so...

<caveat>
You should be able to check out trunk using the -r switch and grab the
revision just before the QT4 changes went in and you should have this new
feature without all the instability
</caveat>

You've been warned

Kevin