[mythtv-users] OT - Re: Mythgame advice

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Apr 25 23:40:36 UTC 2008

On Apr 25, 2008, at 12:57 PM, blake wrote:

> Post or flush...post or flush...forgive me:
>

> You might research the subject before expressing such prejudices. I
> understand this book "Everything Bad is Good For You" is quite
> interesting
> on the subject, though I haven't read it:

This is WAY OT, so this is the end.

I guess I am being somewhat out of line here, but I have an excuse.

Just the other day a man was sentenced here in town to 20 years to
life for killing his 13-month old child.

His reason, stated in court, he was playing a video game and the child
started crying, so he threw a heavy object at the kid, killing him.

I certainly don't mean to imply that anyone on this list would do such
a thing, I'm sure that's not so, I'm just a little sensitive to the
matter at the moment.

The game involved? WoW. Not the games fault, and I'm sure this fellow
was totally unstable, or totally drunk, or both.

beww