[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu and Pinacle PCTV HD USB from Woot -- installed drivers OK but how to get channels

allene222 nabble at oldpaloalto.com
Sat Apr 26 02:56:30 UTC 2008

Hi Raphy,

You have been a great help and I truly appreciate it.  I have now
successfully run scan and see that it creates a channels.conf file that
reflects my local DTV channels.

I am stuck on getting that file into MythTV.  I have done what I think
should work, "Input connections", "Scan", "Scan Type" but at that point
I get a "Program Error".  I have tried every thing I can think of,
looked on the web for solutions, and nothing works.

I got a little side tracked today trying to start from 8.04 but the make
of v4l-dvb-experimental doesn't work from 8.04.  So, I reinstalled 7.10
and installed the USB DTV device, instlled dvb-utils, ran scan, and got
stuck trying to get the scan information into MythTV.

Thank you once again for your help.

Allen