[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu and Pinacle PCTV HD USB from Woot -- installed drivers OK but how to get channels

allene222 nabble at oldpaloalto.com
Sat Apr 26 05:18:11 UTC 2008

Some progress.  I added a source called "stick" and then did a scan on
"stick".  I was able to enter the channels.conf file information there.
The "scan progress" then got stuck at 3%, apparently a common problem.
I then tried to enter a single channel in the channel editor.
Apparently I did that incorrectly but I did get a different screen when
I hit watchtv.  Then I went and did a scan and it actually scanned
through all the channels and now it is working.  I am not actually sure
exactly what I did, and not sure I could repeat it, so if anyone knows
the exact correct steps that should be taken that would be great as I am
really just doing a test here on my son's Rx and he will need to
re-create whatever it is that I did.

There is still an error message about the scan starting on channel 3,
which is non-existent so not sure what that is about but at least I can
see that my P4-2.4GHz machine is just fine for and runs at about 60%
CPU.  I still need to try some real HD channels.

Oh, btw, fast forward works fine on the OTA programs.

Allen