[mythtv-users] 6 day weather forecast issue in Mepo-Wide

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 10:39:01 UTC 2008

>  If you look in mythtv's themes folder, you will see that both the
>  default and default-wide folders have a weather-ui.xml. If you do a
>  diff of them, for the most part they are they same, with just the
>  screen size updated to reflect 16:9 instead of 3:4 (and some
>  coordinates nudged slightly). The 3 day forecast was the only screen
>  completely redesigned to take advantage of widescreen. Someone just
>  needs to do the same for the rest of them and submit a patch.

I thought I'd have a go at this to see what I could do .Unfortunately,
I've fallen at the first hurdle!

I copied /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/weather-ui.xml to
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/ and changed

            <textarea name="header" draworder="5" align="center">
                <area>0,18,800,45</area>
                <value>Six Day Forecast</value>
            </textarea>
            <textarea name="header" draworder="5" align="center">
                <area>0,18,800,45</area>
                <value>PHILL TEST Six Day Forecast</value>
            </textarea>

Then I restarted mythfrontend and expected the 6 day forecast screen
to have a heading of "Phill TEST Six Day Forecast" but it still shows
just "Six Day Forecast". I want to make sure I'm editing the right
file in the right way before I go changing the layout of the thing.
Does anyone know what I need to do to get weather-ui.xml to reflect my
changes?