[mythtv-users] 0.20 --> 0.21 gotchas

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 13:07:32 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:01 AM, JCA <1.41421 at gmail.com> wrote:
>     I am thinking to upgrade my MythTV box from 0.20 to 0.21, if it is
>  only so that I can use the services from SchedulesDirect. My question
>  is, are there any gotchas to bear mind  when undertaking this kind of
>  upgrade? Has anybody done this for my platform (Slackware 11.0)?

One thing I'd suggest regarding the upgrade is to read this wiki about
the new playback profile groups:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Playback_profiles

That's a rather significant change in how video settings get assigned,
and your existing settings won't just get carried over in the upgrade
like most of the database settings will.  When I upgraded I created a
simple custom playback profile group of my own with one entry to
replicate the settings I was using (xv, libmpeg2, bob x2), as these
settings were working fine for me.  The thing you don't want to do is
to start changing the built in profiles.

Tom