[mythtv-users] OT Mythgame advice for non-gamer

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Apr 26 16:19:37 UTC 2008

On Apr 26, 2008, at 6:26 AM, stephen wrote:

> Brian Wood wrote:
>> Looking through the "Help Wanted" ads in my local paper, I find no
>> with requirements like "Must be able to play WoW", or "Must be able
>> get to level 30 of ET" :-)
>>
>> beww
>
> Being a fan of "The Far Side" by Gary Larson, I couldn't resist this
> after that comment:
>
> http://learningspaces.org/n/papers/farside.gif

I must confess I was thinking of that cartoon when I wrote the above,
but I couldn't find the actual cartoon in my book collection. Didn't
think of looking for it on the net. Maybe if I were a gamer I would
have associated cartoons with the internet ?

> I'm another one who probably wouldn't have a programming career
> without
> games (they sparked my interest in computers many years ago).

They do have their good sides, but I think any fair analysis would
show a lot of potential problems as well.

The biggest thing I don't understand is why they all seem to have to
involve violent killing, the more so the better. Surely there must be
a way to develop hand/eye coordination without mass murder.

beww