[mythtv-users] All my recording simply vanished! - database crashed!

John reidjr at btconnect.com
Sat Apr 26 19:13:28 UTC 2008

Mache Creeger wrote:
> At 11:48 AM 4/26/2008, Andreas Bach Aaen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using mythtv 0.21.
>> A am using both the official client and mvpmc as a client against the
>> backend server.
>>
>> Yesterday my mythtv backend server crashed. I can still se all the
>> files that I hve recorded the last years in /var/lib/mythtv but the
>> frontend can't see any recordings. It seem that my database crashed.
>>
>> mysql> select * from recorded;
>> ERROR 145 (HY000): Table './mythconverg/recorded' is marked as crashed
>> and should be repaired
>>
>> Possible more tables are affected.
>> How can I recover this?
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>>  /\ ,_  _|,_ _  _  _,  |จ) _  _ |_    /\  _  _ ,_
>> /จจ\| )(_|| (-'.-|`-,  |จ).-|(_ | )  /จจ\.-|(-'| )
>> จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ
>> Open Source og Linux:  http://www.bachaaen.dk/blog
>
> # find / -name myth.rebuilddatabase.pl
> # ~/myth.rebuilddatabase.pl
>
> or if that does not work delete the mythconverg database from mysql
> and reload from one of your frequently made backups.
>
> -- Mache
Assuming of course you have allready tried :

http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html

      MySQL database is corrupt

If you have reason to believe that your MySQL database is corrupt,
execute the following commands to attempt to repair it.

*NOTE*: Ensure that there are no programs accessing the database while
you attempt to repair it. Make sure that all backend and frontend
programs have exited.

|mysqlcheck -r -umythtv -p<password> mythconverg|