[mythtv-users] DVD stutters inside MythTV but not outside. Need help.

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Sun Apr 27 10:02:48 UTC 2008

allene222 wrote:
> I get terrible stuttering and tons of "WriteAudio: buffer underflow"
> messages when playing a DVD inside of Mythbuntu 7.10.  When I leave
> Myth, I can play the DVD with mplayer or Graffitti and everything is
> perfect.  I tried setting mplayer as the player in myth setup and the
> stuttering went away but the picture turned into a bunch of random
> pixels.  The DVD played and sounded fine without stuttering, but is
> unwatchable.  The CPU usage is low.
>
> Allen

MythTV's internal player isn't perfect for DVDs. Assuming you're still
on MythTV 0.20.2, you might want to try again with 0.21, although that
still has some bugs for me. Once you're on the latest stable release you
can try reporting bugs with specific DVDs on trac. If you're saying that
you have this problem with *every* DVD then post here, as you probably
have a problem with your system.

Cheers,

John

--