[mythtv-users] HDTV solution @1080i ???

Dean Harding dean.harding at dload.com.au
Mon Apr 28 06:25:45 UTC 2008

zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com wrote:
> Googling around I saw other people complaining about
> the same thing with other TVs. Somewhere (can't
> remember) I saw it claimed that VGA inputs typically
> don't support 1080x1920 because it's not a true VGA
> mode.

On mine, it picked up the native resolution via EDID and that's the
resolution it picked. I didn't have to do anything.

BTW, I *believe* the model number is LA40F71B or something (F7-something
anyway) you can download the manual here:

http://www.samsung.com/download/Model_Select.aspx?type=TV&typecode=1&subtype=LCD&subtypecode=101&model=LA40F71B&filetype=UM

Note that there are newer models than this available now, of course...

Dean.