[mythtv-users] Low Volume on DTV

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Tue Apr 29 16:14:18 UTC 2008

Justin Johnson wrote:
> Strangely, my SD cable input has a normal volume, however my DTV card
> (an AverMedia A180) records files with a very low volume. This is crazy
> since I need to adjust the volume back and forth depending on what
> channel I'm watching. It doesn't matter whether the program is HD or
> not, just digital. Is there anything I can do to increase the volume?

Complain to whichever broadcaster is producing the quiet signal.  The A180,
like all digital-TV capture cards, doesn't do any encoding; the low sound level
is getting put in by the broadcaster.  Beyond that, you're stuck with tweaking
th volume up/down (for me, it's about a 3-dB difference between analog and
digital sources).

   _/_
  / v \ Scott Alfter