[mythtv-users] Low Volume on DTV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 29 16:42:34 UTC 2008

On 04/29/2008 12:06 PM, Justin Johnson wrote:
> Strangely, my SD cable input has a normal volume, however my DTV card
> (an AverMedia A180) records files with a very low volume. This is crazy
> since I need to adjust the volume back and forth depending on what
> channel I'm watching. It doesn't matter whether the program is HD or
> not, just digital. Is there anything I can do to increase the volume?
> I've already set Master and PCM to full, but the Digital channels remain
> quiet.

As has already been said, you get what you're given with digital TV
broadcasts.  However, if you're building yourself, you can modify the
output volume for your AC-3 (probably used by most, if not all, of your
digital TV) as at http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/15526 .  If
you're doing AC-3 passthrough, though, you'll have to find a hack for
your audio receiver (i.e. not Myth).

Mike