[mythtv-users] Low Volume on DTV

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 16:55:55 UTC 2008

Justin Johnson wrote:
> Strangely, my SD cable input has a normal volume, however my DTV card
> (an AverMedia A180) records files with a very low volume. This is crazy
> since I need to adjust the volume back and forth depending on what
> channel I'm watching. It doesn't matter whether the program is HD or
> not, just digital. Is there anything I can do to increase the volume?
> I've already set Master and PCM to full, but the Digital channels remain
> quiet.

Here is an add-on question to this, I have the same problem with different
analog channels, I am sure it is the station's problem, I may have the same
issue with DTV stations but don't currently watch enough DTV stuff to have
noticed as much.

Is there a way to make a job to "normalize" the audio volume (pass #1 figures
out what the max volume is, and pass #2 ups the volume such that the peak is the
max volume that is lossless in the format).

Is there a way to do this?   And how many others see a need for it?

                            Roger