[mythtv-users] MythFrontend on the Nokia n800

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Apr 29 17:46:09 UTC 2008

>> That's too bad. My verizon phone can play my mythrecordings
>just fine at
>> 640x480 and 30fps in xvid format.
>
>What phone is this?  I need a quad-band unlocked phone.  If it played
>movies, so much the better.

My phone is a verizon xv6800, or the same as the att tilt or sprint mogul.
Runs windows mobile 6.0, and you just get the free divx player. I tried a
few other players and they weren't as good, but with the divx player, my
xvids play great. When I nuvexport my pvr-500's sd recordings, I use these
settings:

Variable bitrate = yes
Quant = 5, 6, or 7, all three work fine
Audio bitrate = 96 or 112, both work fine
Size, 640 x 480

I use mencoder or transcode to get the xvids. I've put 800mb or so movies on
the phone and they play great. The screen is only 320x240, but the reason I
put the 640x480 video files on it is cause that is what I put in my myth
videos folder. So basically, I just copy the videos straight from my
mythvideo folder onto my phone and just run with it. Really nice.

-Steve