[mythtv-users] DVD jukebox?

Ignacio Valdes ivaldes at hal-pc.org
Tue Apr 29 20:45:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

I work in a mental hospital. We frequently have very agitated, upset
people in the hospital that sometimes have to wait for what can be a
lengthy admissions process. We have had great success in calming
things down with good G-rated type DVD movies on a Panasonic 5 disc
DVD player. The problem is that it is semi-automatic, you still have
to press change DVD and the play button several times to get past the
main menu and other stuff. When things are really hopping, it is a
pain to tend the machine.

1) Is there a player such as MythTV that we could simply load our
10-15 original store bought DVD's and play them without intervention
for days at a time?
2) Is this something that MythTV or others that can handle this in a
fully-automatic way?
3) Does someone have something like this for sale so that I don't have
to configure much? If so, where?

Many thanks!

-- IV