[mythtv-users] HDMI out

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 21:35:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Lindsay Mathieson
<lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 April 2008 01:18:15 Steven Adeff wrote:
>  > of course, with Myth being ported to windows, I wouldn't be surprised
>  > if we all start running MythTV on linux for our backends and MythTV on
>  > Windows for our frontends in order to take advantage of "proper"
>  > BluRay playback in Windows...
>
>  Not just that, but decent support for the latest motherboard chipsets - the
>  Gigabyte 780G MB has HDMI/DVI/VGA outputs with builtin MPEG2/MPEG4/H.264
>  decoding. You can do 1080p playback with a 1.8Mhz Sempron - that's fantastic
>  for low power silent media boxes.
>
>  Backend windows boxes would be nice to - again driver support for the huge
>  number of cheap DVB cards out there.

Mostly I'm kidding here but just what I want is a virus infected
Windows media server burying viruses in my recordings and sending them
to virus sensitive windows frontend boxes. Yuck!

Again, mostly kidding but I think I'll keep the backend in a safe OS.

- Mark