[mythtv-users] RHEL 5

RPorterMail rportermail at comcast.net
Tue Apr 29 23:03:14 UTC 2008

Hi George.

I've been down that road.  I followed the instructions on
wilsonet.com up to the point of "getting and installing mythtv"

This is what I get

I execute.
yum -y install mythtv-suite

I get this:
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
http://dl.atrpms.net/fc5Server-i386/...ta/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP
Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: atrpms

so, i go to atrpms and there is no fc5server-i386. Now what do I do?

if i do

yum -y list available i also get

Setting up repositories
http://dl.atrpms.net/fc5Server-i386/...ta/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP
Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: atrpms

I'm running RHEL 5.1 clean from the install. I used yum update to get
current and that worked fine.

Seems like I'm trying to update a RHEL 5 systems with Fedora Core 5
and thats not happening.  I guess I don't understand the need to
added systems apps when all I want is his mythtv app.