[mythtv-users] 1080i recordings not resizing horizontally

Chris Vargas ceenvee at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 13:52:53 UTC 2008

This problem shows up on a remote frontend running 0.21. It's connected to an LCD TV via VGA and running at 800x600. I'm using the CPU-- settings to use XvMC playback with HD recordings.

HD recordings from ABC (720p) play back just fine.

However, HD recordings from NBC (1080i) aren't scaling properly. It seems to be scaling vertically (the image is properly letterboxed on the 800x600 display) but not horizontally. The right edge goes off the screen, images look squashed, and even the on-screen display is shifted to the right.

What should I be looking at to fix this problem? Thanks.