[mythtv-users] SEEKTABLE don't work when importing mpeg files in MythTv ?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Aug 1 00:48:53 UTC 2008

On 31-Jul-08, at 2:56 AM, Anders Pedersen wrote:

> I've tryed this line without any luck:
>
> mythtranscode --buildindex
> --infile /video/mythtv/recordings/1000_200807201130.mpeg
>
> How did you do it ?

Hi Anders,

That's what I did too. I just double checked by reimporting a
recording and verifying that it had seek problems and then ran
transcode like you show above and the seek problems were fixed.

In case it makes a difference my inputs are HD ATSC recordings which I
transcoded using ffmpeg. I think some of them had glitches where the
signal was briefly lost and I'm guessing that's where mythcommflag got
messed up. I may be wrong about that, I haven't looked through the
source to see what might cause it problems.

- George