[mythtv-users] DViCO FusionHDTV7 Dual Express working

John Lundell jdlundell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 17:44:14 UTC 2008

Needed to build and install the lastest video4linux dvb drivers from
linuxtv.org and download and extract receiver firmware from

http://www.steventoth.net/linux/xc5000/

and install it in /lib/firmware.  Once that was done, it was up and
running.  The receiver is much better than my old FusionHDTV5 lite.  This
card tunes to every HD channel in my area (the SF bay area) without errors,
unlike the old card which could not pull in the lower power local channels
(such as KTEH).

Also, uses less power and runs cool.

Just in case someone else was thing of trying one.

John