[mythtv-users] Channel/Card specific user job

Doug Haber doug at fawnanddoug.com
Fri Aug 1 20:24:03 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to configure myth such that any program
that gets recorded on channel A will cause user job "foo" to run for that
recording.  Or if that's impossible what about running user job "foo"
whenever a program is recorded via card B.

The reason (feel free to skip):

I have a regular frontend and a MediaMVP frontend running MVPMC.  MVPMC has
issues with playing recordings off of my homerun (the audio gets way out of
sync) but is fine with my PVR-350.  Since a recording may come from the
homerun or the PVR-350, I was hoping there was a way to only transcode if
the recording was on the homerun.  Actually, there are only certain channels
I watch on the MVPMC (the non-HD ones) so I was really hoping there was a
way to only transcode if the recording was on one of those channels on the
homerun.

Thanks!