[mythtv-users] possible (really cheap) frontend?? will this work?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Aug 1 20:32:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 02:04:05PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Friday 01 August 2008 13:00:12 J wrote:
> > http://www.wdlsystems.com/modperl/view_services.cgi?r=detail&prod_num=1EBOX
> >23&aisle_id=1006 looks like a promising frontend, its only 110.... theres a
> > wireless version for 200, but why not just use a cheap usb card??
> > -J
>
> Doesn't look to me as if it has the horsepower required to play back mpeg2,
> and certainly not h264.

   This reminds me of a post from Ars where some guy suggested that
there would be future Atom versions of the ATV with h264 acceleration
coming from the video chipset. He mentioned Intel.

   Anyone have a clue to what he might have been referring?

   Intel + hw h264 made me start to wonder when such features
might be available to us.