[mythtv-users] Channel/Card specific user job

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 21:51:37 UTC 2008

On 01/08/2008, Doug Haber <doug at fawnanddoug.com> wrote:

> p.s. In that worst case do you know what table has that info? I don't see
> anywhere in the recorded table that shows the capture card that was used.

The first group of numbers in the recording filename is the chanid of
the channel the recording was made from. If you only have a single
videosource associated with a single card input, you can determine
which card recorded the file.

However if you have a single videosource associated with multiple
cards (for example, you may have multiple DVB or ATSC cards) you can't
determine which of the cards was responsible.

The easiest way to determine this is to grep the mythbackend logfile,
which states which card input was used for a recording:

2008-08-01 20:29:08.910 Started recording: It's Not Easy Being Green:
channel 2267 on cardid 4, sourceid 2

This allows you to determine the channel, card input and videosource
used for the recording.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: