[mythtv-users] Channel/Card specific user job

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Aug 2 00:51:28 UTC 2008

On Aug 1, 2008, at 2:51 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:

> On 01/08/2008, Doug Haber <doug at fawnanddoug.com> wrote:
>
>> p.s. In that worst case do you know what table has that info? I
>> don't see
>> anywhere in the recorded table that shows the capture card that was
>> used.
>
> The first group of numbers in the recording filename is the chanid of
> the channel the recording was made from. If you only have a single
> videosource associated with a single card input, you can determine
> which card recorded the file.
>
> However if you have a single videosource associated with multiple
> cards (for example, you may have multiple DVB or ATSC cards) you can't
> determine which of the cards was responsible.
>
> The easiest way to determine this is to grep the mythbackend logfile,
> which states which card input was used for a recording:
>
> 2008-08-01 20:29:08.910 Started recording: It's Not Easy Being Green:
> channel 2267 on cardid 4, sourceid 2
>
> This allows you to determine the channel, card input and videosource
> used for the recording.

A "futureproof" way would be to have your user job first grep the
output of ffmpeg -i <filename> to see if the file is "high def" or not
without regard to how/where it was recorded. This would survive you
changing tuners, card/source IDs, channel lineups, etc, etc.

Some examples of the relevant line from ffmpeg -i on some of my
recordings:
     Stream #0.0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x480 [PAR
32:27 DAR 16:9], 6400 kb/s, 29.97 tb(r)
     Stream #0.0[0x31]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 1920x1080 [PAR 1:1
DAR 16:9], 17781 kb/s, 29.97 tb(r)
     Stream #0.0[0x31]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 1280x720 [PAR 1:1
DAR 16:9], 19000 kb/s, 59.94 tb(r)

-Brad