[mythtv-users] Fedora 9 Audio and Asus P1-AH2

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Sun Aug 3 06:41:02 UTC 2008

I have Fedora 9 running on a P1-AH2 and plan to use it as an FE. I am
having trouble getting sound to work under any circumstances. On the
Gnome desktop the sound icon (upper right corner) is X'ed out.
Clicking on it produces the following message.

The volume control did not find any elements or devices to control.
This means that either you don't have the right GStreamer device
plugins installed, or you don't have a sound card configured.
You can remove the volume control from the panel by right-clicking
the speaker icon on the panel and selecting "Remove From Panel" from the menu.

Any ideas how to get basic audio to work?

-- Mache