[mythtv-users] Fedora 9 Audio and Asus P1-AH2

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Sun Aug 3 11:31:02 UTC 2008

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

> Mache Creeger wrote:
>> Any ideas how to get basic audio to work?
>
> see `aplay -l`, pulseaudio, etc.
> probably pulseaudio issue?

Naw, in my experience, and that of others, Pulseaudio JFWs on Fedora.

I've had similar issues when I've had a USB webcam - that includes a mic -
plugged in at boot and it grabbed sound card slot 0, preventing the
snd-intel8x0 driver from loading as it was forced to slot 0.

So, to the OP, check for other sound card devices, check you have drivers
loaded for your sound chipset, and if not, consult
<http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Main> and configure them
manually.

HTH,
Alex.