[mythtv-users] Fedora 9 Audio and Asus P1-AH2

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Sun Aug 3 11:52:25 UTC 2008

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

> Alex Butcher wrote:
>> Naw, in my experience, and that of others, Pulseaudio JFWs on Fedora.
>
> If you have a one soundcard box yes.

Nope; it works on my laptop too, which sometimes has the USB webcam plugged
in (sometimes at boot, sometimes when everything's up and running). All one
has to do is tie down the drivers so they load in the right slots every
time:

/etc/modprobe.conf
==================
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-card-1 index=1
options snd-intel8x0 index=0
options snd-usb-audio index=1

Now, if you have two sound cards which use the same driver, that might get a
bit sticky... but that's not a Pulseaudio problem.

Anyway, we don't even know what distro or how many sound cards the OP has,
yet...

Best Regards,
Alex.