[mythtv-users] Dynamically switching audio output devices?

Ben Lancaster mail at benlancaster.co.uk
Sun Aug 3 16:10:04 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'd like to be able to play audio from my MythBox in the living room
out to speakers in my Dining Room. I have an Airport Express and a
pair of speakers set up already, and have done some reading in to the
RAOP stuff for Linux – I noticed you can create a RAOP ALSA device (http://raop-play.sourceforge.net/alsa_raoppcm.html
). As such, is there a way to switch ALSA devices whilst watching Live
TV, or listening to music? I'm guessing the best approach would be to
write a bash script that's bound to a remote keypress, triggered by
irexec. Does anyone have an experience with this?

Will start to experiment and write up findings in the Wiki.

Ben