[mythtv-users] My Mythbuntu 8.04 can't play TheDailyShow but my Ubuntu 8.04 can, wtf?

allen edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Mon Aug 4 01:34:13 UTC 2008

This has me stumped.  I asked about this before but now have narrowed it
down more so I am looking for other Mythbuntu 8.04 users to try this.

Running Mythbuntu 8.04 and both Firefox 3.0 and 3.01 this site:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/index.jhtml?episodeId=178206
Just closes Firefox just before the video starts to play.

Running it on my Ubuntu 8.04 with Firefox 3.0 and it plays fine.

Before I go try and fix this, are other Mythbuntu 8.04 users having the
same problem?

Is there another browser I can try?

This is about the only thing I want to watch streaming and it won't work.

Allen