[mythtv-users] Filter LiveTV channel lineup

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Aug 4 03:28:42 UTC 2008

On Aug 3, 2008, at 8:15 PM, Jason Weida wrote:

> I have a slow frontend so I transcode HD waaaay down to be able to
> watch it.  I can watch live SD, but with all the HD channels mixed
> in, channel surfing is not fun...  Is there a way to retain the HD
> channels so I can record from them and see them in the recording
> guide, but avoid them when changing channels on live TV?  Myth is
> awesome, but there are so many features, sometimes it's hard to know
> where to look for the one you want!  I'm sure it's in there...

If you're saying you have a SD capture card and an HD capture card and
only want to browse through the SD channels, just set your Chan Up and
Chan Down to use browse mode (it is set like this by default), then
use that tuner and use Chan+ and Chan- to browse. It will only show
channels the current tuner can use - which in your case will be your
SD channels.

If that's not the case then I don't know what you're asking.