[mythtv-users] Adjusting picture levels on FX5200 TV out?

Petteri Matilainen pmatil at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 04:04:57 UTC 2008

Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> [2008 Aug 03 22:14 -0500]:

>>> Not sure if this is what you need but there is a nvidia-settings
>>> (can't remember the exact name but that's close) utility which lets
>>> you change stuff like that. The settings get saved to a config file
>>> which I think you have to explicity load when X starts (eg by
>>> including it in your .xsession file).
>>>
>> Not meaning to point out the obvious, but make sure you're running the
>> correct nVidia driver(s). Not sure if the 5200 is old enough to require
>> the "legacy" ones or not.
>>

> Do point out the obvious.  While I've set up X a number of times, this
> is the first with the nvidia driver.  The version installed is the one
> suggested by the mythbuntu installer.
>
> Aptitude reports that the driver package installed is nvidia-glx
> 96.43.05.  `lspci' reports the card as:
>
> VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200] (rev a1)
>
> - Nate >>

Hi Nate,

I recommend you get the latest Nvidia binary for your card directly from
their website. Also, is there anything odd in your Xorg log about the
driver? It seems that the driver isn't correctly installed. That can
happen with packages installed from apt(itude). Personally I've never
used Nvidia driver from apt.

-Petteri