[mythtv-users] multirec and overlapping recordings

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 11:14:50 UTC 2008

On Jul 31, 2008, at 4:03 AM, Ashley Bostock wrote:

> 2008/7/31 Dave Oxley <dave at daveoxley.co.uk>:
>> Graham Wood wrote:

>>> Silly question I know, but have you enabled the multiple recording
>>> by increasing the number
>>> of simultaneous streams that can be recorded by the tuner?
>>>
>> Should have really predicted this question. Yes I have got multiple
>> virtual tuners set up and can record from 2 different channels on the
>> same multiplex.
>>
> Unfortunately it doesn't work as you would expect, it still ignores
> the soft padding and works just like it always has.  To "force" it I
> think the only way is to go through your recording rules for the
> ovelapping recordings and set the hard padding (start early/end late)
> for each.

That is quite disappointing. Was that the intended result? I would
think that the soft padding should cause this to happen without having
to actually change EVERY recording schedule... I know that I was
disappointed to see that my 2 tuners (each with 2 virtual tuners)
don't pad back to back recordings. I have to go watch the end of one
to catch the beginning of the other sometimes, and the beginning of
one to catch the end of another other times (I blame the network for
this...)

I have it set to soft-pad everything to start a minute early and
record a minute long.... so shouldn't the multirecord feature honor
this, any time there's no conflicts (i.e. as long as there's an
available tuner/multiplex), even though it's not hard-padded into each
program schedule? Is this a bug? Can this be fixed? Does anybody else
even want this fixed?

~Jon