[mythtv-users] Filter LiveTV channel lineup

Jason Weida jason.m.weida at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 12:14:17 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 11:28 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com>wrote:

> On Aug 3, 2008, at 8:15 PM, Jason Weida wrote:
>
> > I have a slow frontend so I transcode HD waaaay down to be able to
> > watch it.  I can watch live SD, but with all the HD channels mixed
> > in, channel surfing is not fun...  Is there a way to retain the HD
> > channels so I can record from them and see them in the recording
> > guide, but avoid them when changing channels on live TV?  Myth is
> > awesome, but there are so many features, sometimes it's hard to know
> > where to look for the one you want!  I'm sure it's in there...
>
> If you're saying you have a SD capture card and an HD capture card and
> only want to browse through the SD channels, just set your Chan Up and
> Chan Down to use browse mode (it is set like this by default), then
> use that tuner and use Chan+ and Chan- to browse. It will only show
> channels the current tuner can use - which in your case will be your
> SD channels.
>
> If that's not the case then I don't know what you're asking.

Thanks for the reply.  That's not exactly what I'm asking.  I guess what I'd
like is kind of a favorites list to use when browsing live TV (I do use the
browse mode).  I don't want to delete the channels I can't watch live,
because I can record + transcode from them to watch content, but I want to
skip them when I'm browsing on my weak frontend.