[mythtv-users] Adjusting picture levels on FX5200 TV out?

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Mon Aug 4 12:24:39 UTC 2008

* H P Ladds <householdwords at gmail.com> [2008 Aug 04 06:15 -0500]:
> I dunno if this helps at all but, my fx 5200/ pvr 150/Directv/svideo
> out set up works well.
>
> I use Knoppmyth 5R27 and a brand new TV with an svideo connection.

That has me thinking.

> Might want to take a closer look at the cables, perhaps a modulator is
> called for rather than will the svideo to composite cable.

I've been wondering if there is some hardware incompatibility I'm
experiencing.  I'm guessing so since none of the soft settings have had
much effect on the TV's picture quality.

As a test I used one of the compsite to S-Video cables to feed the TV
from the satellite receiver.  What I see are that brightness and
contrast are unchanged from the composite output but onscreen graphics
(ESPN sports center) have a ghosting effect and some screens aren't
stable with a lot of jitter and flicker.

> I use the  nvidia driver -- which one I'm not sure. I can check when I
> get to that computer if you like.

I installed the latest via Aptitude that Mythbuntu has available and
saw no change although it seems a bit more feature laden.

Onward and (hopefully) upward.  :-)

- Nate >>