[mythtv-users] multirec and overlapping recordings

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 12:49:35 UTC 2008

On 31/07/2008, Edmund <edmund.1 at dial.pipex.com> wrote:

> There are settings in two different places and I have yet to work out
>  the difference between them. They allow all recordings to start early
>  and finish late. I am not able to look at my front end now, but I will
>  add more in 8 hours time if no one else has by then.

Hard padding:
- configured in recording rule
- only applies to specific recording rules which have it configured
- used by scheduler when scheduling programmes
- may cause conflicts if recording consecutive programmes [1]
- if a programme is recorded, it /will/ have the padding applied

Soft padding:
- configured via mythfrontend setup menu
- global setting, applies to all future recordings once set
- not used by scheduler, so should not cause recording conflicts
- programmes will only be padded if tuner is also available
before/after actual recording
- if a programme isrecorded, it /may/ have the padding applied

[1] Enabling multirec for DVB cards may help resolve this issue

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/