[mythtv-users] choosing channel to record by definition?

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 13:55:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 8:43 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> > > Is there any way to control MythTV's choice of recording definition
> > > for programs set to record at any time on any channel?
> >
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Scheduling_Recordings#Priority
>
> Thanks, Brad, but this doesn't really seem to cover my question.
>
> Channel Priorities sort-of covers it, in that it would allow me to
> set a global priority preference for an HD channel over an SD channel
> or vice versa, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this at
> the individual level for a given recording.  Also, this would seem to
> have some unintented side effects.  I don't really wan to influence
> the scheduler to choose HD program A over SD program B, only to choose
> HD program A over SD program A, or SD program B over HD program B.

I'm sure you can accomplish this with the Power Rules with a little bit of
SQL.  Create one rule that matches on Title and the HDTV flag.  Create a
second rule that matches on Title and NOT HDTV flag.  Set the first rule to
have a higher priority than the second and set duplicate matching
accordingly.

Kevin