[mythtv-users] mythmusic and MySQL

jaydonmoyer at comcast.net jaydonmoyer at comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 15:54:36 UTC 2008

On Aug 3, 2008, at 6:09 PM, Yan Seiner wrote:

> I'm seeing some sort of weirdness with my music collection.  Songs
> appear 1 to 4 times.  I've wiped out all the mythmusic tables, reset
> the
> version, and myth dutifully recreated all my music - again with the
> duplicates.
>
> There must be some SQL query that will a) find all duplicate titles
> and
> b) print out the offending files as
> Title - location
>
> Could some SQL guru take a shot at that?

I've seen this happening before because someone was using the "import music" functionality rather than the "scan for new music" functionality for tracks that were copied into the myth music subdirectory.  The "import music" functionality created nested subdirectories with copies of the tracks in them.  Deleting these nested sub directories and then re-running "scan for new music" fixed the problem.

Jason