[mythtv-users] Why Free Software has poor usability ?
mithu.singh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 16:11:52 UTC 2008
Interesting article :: Why Free Software has poor usability, and how
to improve it
Link :: http://mpt.net.nz/archive/2008/08/01/free-software-usability
Major Points in the article
* Weak incentives for usability.
* Few good designers.
* Design suggestions often aren't invited or welcomed.
* Usability is hard to measure.
* Coding before design.
* Too many cooks.
* Chasing tail-lights.
* Scratching their own itch.
* Leaving little things broken.
* Placating people with options.
* Fifteen pixels of fame
* Design is high-bandwidth, the Net is low-bandwidth.
* Release early, release often, get stuck.
* Mediocrity through modularity.
* Gated development communities
More information about the mythtv-users