[mythtv-users] WEIRD mythtv setup problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 4 16:47:47 UTC 2008

On 08/04/2008 12:30 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/04/2008 12:09 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>

>>  On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>

>>> mythfrontend -O Theme=blue
>>> mythtv-setup -O Theme=blue
>>>
>>> or just install the MS core web fonts, and even G.A.N.T will work.
>>>
>>  Do we seriously have a default theme for MythTV that requires the MS
>>  core web fonts to be installed?
>>

> G.A.N.T uses Arial (artist's choice, and all, so we shouldn't change
> it).  If anything, we should change the default theme that's used.

Turns out, though, that blue also uses Arial.  And, since blue and
G.A.N.T are the only 2 (UI) themes provided with mythtv***, it seems
that MythTV requires MS core web fonts or a proper font-substitution
configuration (using, for example, fontconfig--which, BTW, has always
worked for me).

Mike

***myththemes has additional themes