[mythtv-users] WEIRD mythtv setup problem

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 16:58:52 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 08/04/2008 12:30 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>>  Do we seriously have a default theme for MythTV that requires the MS
>>>  core web fonts to be installed?
>>>

>> G.A.N.T uses Arial (artist's choice, and all, so we shouldn't change
>> it).  If anything, we should change the default theme that's used.
>>

> Turns out, though, that blue also uses Arial.  And, since blue and
> G.A.N.T are the only 2 (UI) themes provided with mythtv***, it seems
> that MythTV requires MS core web fonts or a proper font-substitution
> configuration (using, for example, fontconfig--which, BTW, has always
> worked for me).

How do you set up the substitutions? The CentOS box, of course, had
fontconfig installed and aware of at least some of the fonts (without
fonts yumex would not run, complained about fontconfig not finding
fonts, now it does).

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com