[mythtv-users] Why Free Software has poor usability ?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Aug 4 19:51:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 12:47:47PM -0500, Marc Randolph wrote:
> I believe that MythTV suffers from a few minor usability issues.
> Hmmm... well, thinking about it a bit more, I see a trend: everything
> I can think of is plugins releated.  Are they considered part of Myth
> proper?  And perhaps the reason(s) for the usability issues stems from
> plugins understandably receiving less attention than other parts of
> MythTV?
>
> Anyway, the most common complaint is Mythmusic.  Configuring
> Mythweather recently got added.  I'd personally add Mytharchive to the
> list as well.

In my case, it's MythArchive, which drives, from a keyboard, almost --
but not quite entirely -- differently than the rest of Myth.

I have some other problems with it right now as well, but they're for a
different thread.

Whose project is that, and is it supported somewhere other than this list?

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Josef Stalin)