[mythtv-users] Recording the olympics

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Tue Aug 5 01:47:07 UTC 2008

On Monday 04 August 2008, Yan Seiner wrote:
> So the Olympics are starting up.  I want to record them but ... the
> blocks in Schedules Direct are up to 8 hours.  I don't know how my
> system would handle a 30 or 40 GB file, but my guess is that bad things
> might happen.
>
> Is there some way to tell myth to record this but in 1 hour chunks?
>
> --Yan

You can always set a manual recording program, but may I ask why you don't
think your machine will take large file sizes?  If you have the disk space,
are using suggested settings to reduce fragmentation, things should work just
fine.  I've done 4 hour HD recordings at ~30GB without batting an eye.  XFS
helps, but if you don't use it then use the show delete.

Brian