[mythtv-users] Always have shows from a specific channel record to a specific tuner

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 01:58:33 UTC 2008

Is there a way to have all shows recorded from channel A recorded on
turner 2?  I have two backends and one tuner each.  The primary tuner
I like to use has issues with reception on three channels.
Interesting enough the tuner is a PVR-350 with hardware encoding.  The
second tuner in the second backend is a software encoder that has no
reception problems with these channels so I want any show selected to
be recorded on one of these channels to automatically be recorded on
the other tuner.

For now I have gone into all of the schedules and specified the
desired tuner but I dont want to have to remember to do this on new
schedules.