[mythtv-users] USB Hard Drive Lifespans and power usage question

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Aug 5 03:16:20 UTC 2008

Brian Wood wrote:

> Agreed. Mine are in the garage for that reason (as well as the space
> issue). Doesn't everyone have a 19" rack in their garage?

I would if I had a garage.

It's such an oversight that they don't include this stuff in house
plans.  There should be a server room right next to the utility room. ;)

> Silence and small size seem to cost a lot, not worth it to me.
>
> You can't have everything I guess.

Yup.  Of course, one of the nice things about Myth is you can get around
that somewhat by splitting up the load -- have a small, silent front end
and put all the hot, noisy parts in another room.