[mythtv-users] question regarding gui size??

Luis Rico Jr nog0odd3ed at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 16:55:46 UTC 2008

When I launch mythtv on my laptop (1440x900 native res) using the stock
radeon driver (ATI RAdeon 2600 HD) from Ubuntu 8.04, the GUI and everything
else looks fine at full-screen (native res). Once I install the 'fglrx' or
even the binary ATI driver and attempt to launch MYTHTV, the screen gets
'blocky' and out of sync?? Everything appears garbled. However, if I specify
a size smaller (ie, myth-frontend --geometry 1280x768) apart from being
off-center to the left, the gui and mythtv look perfect. However, if I try
to specify the same size geometry as my native res, I get the above
mentioned effect... Any clues? ideas? It's frustrating as hell...

Luis